Thursday 24 November 2016

24 November

After a long overnight flight, we finally reached our destination. Our first stop was to head to Aeon mall for lunch.

We demonstrated propriety, standing to one side of the
escalator and giving way without being reminded by our teachers.

After lunch, we paid courtesy call to Mayor of Miyazaki City.



Kai Jun represented Punggol secondary to present a token of appreciation to the mayor






After paying courtesy call to mayor of Miyazaki City, we went to paid courtesy call to Governor of Miyazaki Prefecture.





Zoebelle and Kai Jun shared their hosting experience with the mayor








We headed for dinner and went back early to rest thereafter.. it has been a tiring day since most of us couldn't rest well on the flight..



Reflections :



Today was quite hectic as the connecting flight to Miyazaki was delayed and we were behind schedule. However, we managed to end the day as planned.

The moments while we were waiting for the connecting flight was fustrating and boring, but we managed to occupy ourselves by bonding with each other and making new friends with people whom we never got many chances to talk to in school or online. From this, we got to learn more about each other and gained trust with whom we are to lean on and rely for the rest of the trip. 

During the flight to Miyazaki from Tokyo, i was disappointed as i did not get the chance to sit with my friends. It was awkward during the flight but somehow a conversation started among me and the other 2 Japanese sitting with me. They told me to cherish the times i will be having with my 
friends and my host buddy as in the Japanese culture, they rarely invite friends for stay over, so it is a rare opportunity for me and my group of schoolmates. His words will be remembered deep in my heart and remind me understand to appreciate and cherish more of what we are given and to grab the chance to experience new things. 

From my observations, i realised that at every resturant outlets in the mall has their own tray return point and bins are seperated into unfinished food, paper waste as well as plastic waste. Moreover, there were not many wastebins around the street as well as in the mall. We could only find them outside washrooms and certain areas. Furthermore, they are all separated into different materials and recyclables. 
In Singapore, though we have many bins around in every corners of the street, waste products are still yet to be properly disposed and non-recyclables can still be found in recycling bins. Japan has really few bins around but you will never find a rubbish lying on the ground in the street. From this we can learn to be responsible for our actions. We should also learn more from the Japanese to keep our environment clean as it is where we belong and live, and that we should not rely on cleaners. 

Lastly, during dinner time, i have observed that the Japanese treated us with much respect, allowing us to take our food before they queue. I have always believed to let my seniors go first. So when i was told to take my food first, i was quite hesitant and would tell them to go first as they were older. I was waiting on the dining table for every teacher to take their food then start eating. However, i ended up eating first as the teacher said the food would get cold. 

I realised that there is indeed many things we as Singaporeans can be learn from the Japanese and that i would definitely look forward to meeting them and learning more.


- Li Xuan 2B

It was a tiring day.  We took  a 6-hour flight and the flight departed at night. I always have trouble sleeping on planes. There was another flight to Miyazaki.Which took about 2 hours . Although this journey is long it helps me to cope with long flights in the future .

One of the most nervous moment in my life was speaking directly to the Governor and I was shaking the moment he came into the room. When it was my turn to speak, my mind went blank and I forgot all the practices I did. So i panic and could not say all that I planned. I feel disappointed. However, this experience could help me to prepare for further events such as this and so I could be more prepared and be ready for it.

- Kai Jun 3D






No comments:

Post a Comment